Bounce is the angle from the leading edge to the trailing edge on the sole of a wedge.
Here are my six general bounce guidelines:
- If your attack angle is steep, you need more bounce.
- If your attack angle is shallow, you need less bounce.
- If the course has tight lies, use less bounce.
- If the golf course has heavier lies, more bounce.
- If the sand is fluffy, more bounce.
- If the sand is firmly packed, less bounce.
There are other factors, of course: the heel grind, the toe grind, etc., but the guidelines above should be helpful.